You said butt!
Ok, just like Mel, I got you to read this blog! Now, allow me to explain! Libby's favorite book is Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman. I usually read the first couple of words in the sentence and she will finish the sentence herself. One of the pages reads, "He could not fly, but he could walk." Tonight, I stopped at but.. for her to finish the rest. She stopped, put the book down, and gave me the most horrifying look ever and said, "You said butt." Isn't the English language confusing? How do you explain to a 2 year old that but is different than butt? She proceeded to tell me how that wasn't a nice word to say (thanks Grandma Ort) and you should say "hinder" instead. "He could not fly, hinder he could walk."
So sorry about no pic of Leah walking yet! I'll try to get on that one tomorrow! Happy Turkey Day to you all!
P.S. I can't wait for our Monti High School girl's night out! :)
So sorry about no pic of Leah walking yet! I'll try to get on that one tomorrow! Happy Turkey Day to you all!
P.S. I can't wait for our Monti High School girl's night out! :)




2 Comments:
At 7:55 AM ,
Anonymous said...
hehe...I love it when kids are figuring out what words are naughty! Maddie used to get so mad when we would say shoot or darn it. She just knew that they were naughty words! Can't wait to see you in December!!
At 12:56 PM ,
April said...
We do the same thing with Nora...she obviously doesn't think butt is a bad word yet, because I haven't had any problems ;-) I think we're more worried about the BAD words! HA HA!
I can't wait for our dinner out too! See you soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home