My favorite brown
My mom told me it was really nice to have us home around the passing of Grandma Ash. I sort of thought we were in the way sometimes, but she explained a couple of examples. Since Libby follows Grandma Meier around like a puppy, she was with her while Mom was ironing the family heirloom hankerchief for Grandma Ash to hold in the casket. Well, she scorched it and with emotions running HIGH, she said, "Oh! I scorched it! It is ruined!" and felt horrible. Libby asked, "You corched it?" Mom replied devastated, "Yes! Look, it is all brown now!" Libby smiled and said, "Oh! That is my favorite brown." Those are the times when it is nice to have a 2 year old telling you things will all be just fine.




2 Comments:
At 8:43 PM ,
walker-witte said...
I hope that comment made Grandma Meier feel a little better.
At 8:45 PM ,
mgutzeitporter said...
what a sweet pea!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home