Paint, Puff, and a little Church Chat!



We are in Iowa (Go Hawks!) for the Great Jones County Fair! Grandma and Grandpa have been keeping everyone busy with fun things. :) On Sunday, the girls rode in the wagon for church. I warned Mom that we NEEDED to sit in the back because Leah isn't such a great sit-for-an-hour-and-be-quiet kid. But, what do I know? When the priest started his sermon on using the word "but", I knew it was over. He was talking about using the word to get out of helping out others and making excuses. Leah happens to love that word and associates it with "poop", another fun word. Not in the back, but in the front of church, Leah paid close attention and repeated all 20 times of the word "but", followed by "poop" and yes, hand gestures were included. Leah also sang and danced in church, but that wasn't even the most embarrassing part! Our sweet little angel didn't want to give up her money for the collection like she does at our church. NOOOO... right when I took her hand and told her to put it in there, she yelled, "no, No, NOOOOOOO" and started with her arching of the back and kicking mode. What is a mom to do? Have a screaming fit in church? Naa, I just reached back in the collection basket and took part of her money back out. I thought my mom was going to die! After a few hail Mary's, we were all forgiven... even sweet little Leah.




2 Comments:
At 12:45 PM ,
Mel said...
You got to see Puff Proud Papa! That's the balloon crew I help on. We opted out that day, plus we didn't have anyone to watch the kids!
At 6:47 AM ,
David said...
Leah "started with her arching of the back and kicking mode...."
I've forgotten about that. It's been a few years since I've had a child that young. But now I remember it very clearly. I can "feel" it happening when I close my eyes and picture a child about to erupt. Feel the muscles start to tense.
Thanks for mentioning that phenomenon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home